Hi,

I've just looked through the documentation on http://felix.apache.org and I would like to help improving it. In particular I'm talking about http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-application-demonstration.html. The header of the page says, that "this document is work in progress" but judging from the fooder, there hasn't been an update for more than 4 years now.

What I have in mind is to include a Prerequisites section, that gives some background to svn and maven (what is it, where can I get it), as well as references to the more basic examples (http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-framework-usage-documentation.html). Beside that I would like to give some more explanation on what the code is actually doing (right now it just says "Examine the source code to understand the details of the approach. In the future this documentation will hopefully be expanded to described more details." ;)

Also, I'd like to improve the source code of the example itself. From what I've seen, I assume, that the example is not using Java 5 features ATM. The target value for the maven compiler plugin in the parent POM is 1.3. Is it true, that the complete felix distribution is targeted at Java 1.3?! One of first things I came across are the int constants in org.apache.felix.example.servicebased.host.ShapeTracker. If Java 5 features are allowed, I would replace that by an enum.

What do you think?

Regards,
Benedikt