On 3/5/12 12:24 , Benedikt Ritter wrote:
Am 05.03.2012 18:12, schrieb Richard S. Hall:

Have you submitted an ICLA to Apache previously for any previous
contributions? If not, it would probably be a good idea. Then you just
need to create an account in Confluence (although we have to move to a
new CMS soon, btu hopefully that will be somewhat painless) so we can
give you karma.

I've been contributing some patches for commons, but there was no need for an ICLA (at least nobody asked for it ;). Can you give me some more information about that?

Well, it is better to have an ICLA on file, I think, since it makes it clear you know you are contributing your effort to Apache. You just need to fax or email the ICLA form:

    http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

It basically just ask you to state that you have the right to contribute.

Then all will be good.