Hi,

My preference would be to 2, more than "pollute" the original config with an extra attribute.

My 0.02€

Regards
JB

Hi all,

felix config admin behaves differently if the config originated from a
file or was directly created in config admin. For most cases this is good.

Sometimes I would like the behaviour to create a config by hand (shell
or mbean) or programatically but make sure it is also created in etc in
Karaf. So I would like to have a way to tell felix config admin to
persist the config to etc.

I see two possible solutions:

1. Have a special config property like
felix.configadmin.persistToFile=true. When this property is set to true
the config admin service would create a file pid.cfg in a configurable
default config directory.
2. Have a special API in form of an OSGi service that allows to
initially persist a config like configAdminExt.persist(String pid)

We are also discussing this feature on the karaf list but I think it
would be more suitable to solve this in felix config admin service. What
do you think?

Christian

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré