On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Jan Willem Janssen <
janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu> wrote:

> On 12/3/12 9:40 PM, Karl Pauls wrote:
> > The "*-project.*" files have no top-level
> > {notice,license,dependencies} files. They are in the archives but
> > still under src/main/resources.
> >
> > The dependencies files list osgi provided files as being included
> > but they are not.
> >
> > The notice file in the mongo db project list mongo db as a
> > dependency.
> >
> > I think it is enough to fix the first two issues in trunk.
>
> I've created FELIX-3796 and FELIX-3797 for these issues.

Ok and please go ahead and fix it in trunk directly too.

>  > In regard to the last one, why do you list mongo db as a dependency
> >  in the notice?
>
> I misread the sections on the contents of the NOTICE files; I was
> under the assumption that it should include notices on all used
> 3rd-party software. I now see that it should only contain notices on
> those licenses that require this...

Yeah, that is what I figured.

> In order to fix this, would it suffice to file a JIRA issue for this,
> or does it have more severe implications for the release?

Well, there are a lot of opinions around about this topic. We did this
mistake in pretty much all of our early releases including quite some I did
myself. Personally, I think in this case its ok to let it pass assuming it
is fixed in trunk as we are talking about a micro version update release
and the major version is suffering from the same problem. Ultimately, its
up to you as the release manager assuming you have enough votes (which you
have as long as nobody withdraws his vote because of it).

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls