On 31 January 2014 10:46, Ferry Huberts <maili...@hupie.com> wrote:

> On 31/01/14 11:38, David Bosschaert wrote:
>>
>> On 31 January 2014 10:28, Ferry Huberts <maili...@hupie.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> So you're going to provide an R5 index, derived from OBR?
>>

>> If you're talking about an R5-compliant xml, no I wasn't planning on
>> providing that, but I am planning to extend the Felix OBR runtime so
>> that its able to read it. I think to provide the R5-compliant
>
> So you're going to provide an OBR index derived from an R5 index?
> Seems kind of pointless to me, since the OBR format is considered
> 'deprecated'.

No not quite - I'm planning to provide an OSGi Respository Service
implementation (OSGi Enterprise Spec chapter 132) in the Felix OBR
subproject. It should be able to read both the proprietary Felix OBR
xml as well as the spec-compliant repository xml and will provide an
instance of the OSGi Repository Service in the service registry...

>> repository.xml people will probably want to use
>> https://github.com/osgi/bindex
>>

> That repo is kind of at a stand-still.
> Nowadays bindex is developed at https://github.com/bndtools/bindex

Oh yes, sorry wrong URL...