Sounds good to me. For me it is not time critical so I can wait till you signal me that the code is in good shape.

Christian

On 12.11.2014 09:14, Pierre De Rop wrote:
Hello Christian,

We could indeed deprecate all the setters methods, and introduce your
proposed builder methods. And I do agree that we could also manage to let
the new DependencyActivatorBase.component() method maintain the list of
created components, and we could then auto-add all the created components
in the DependencyManager object once the DependencyActivatorBase.init()
method returns.

So, let's continue to discuss with Marcel about all of this in the jira
issue you have created, and we also have to think about what Paul is
proposing.

For your information, the code from felix-trunk/dependencymanager is out
dated, and I'm working since several months on a new DM 4.0.0 version,
which is currently in [1].
We are using a new thread model which is described in [2] and in the
presentation I recently added in [3] (see the "what's new in DM 4.0"
section at the end of the presentation)

For now the code is still unstable and I need some more time to finalize
the API (one week I think).
And then once finalized (I will email), then you could try to attach a
patch in the jira issue (but on the sandbox codebase). This will help
Marcel to decide.

Cheers;
/Pierre

--