First of all:

+1 (binding)

After reading up on the discussion, I do not agree that there is a problem that
is big enough to cancel the release as Pierre proposes for the following
reasons:

1) At Apache, we vote on the source code of the release. The binaries are there
for convenience. I don’t see anything wrong with the sources other than the
fact that adding that “-removeheaders” statement is probably a good idea.

2) There is nothing really wrong with the binaries either. Semantically they
have the same version, because they have the same content. The only difference
as far as I understand are these non-standard headers. Sure you can argue that
that makes them different, but if you load the bundle into an OSGi framework,
you end up with exactly the same code.

Sure we can further optimise our release process, but this release complies
with the procedure we have. A discussion about including unmodified binaries is
something we should have separate from this release vote.

Greetings, Marcel