I see.

I asked the git conversion question a few years ago of Felix (the guy).
Back then it was a big no-no. I do hope things have changed now for the project.

I'm a big fan of Git and have done a major Git conversion for a large site some 6 years ago, and can tell you from experience that Git adjusts really well to any workflow you choose and will actually cost less time (and is actually easier!) than other VCSes.

The conversion did spark a lot of controversy and 'religious' arguments. In the end _nobody_ complained after an initial 3 week adjustment period in which they got to understand Git a bit better, and got a feel for the advantages after actually working with Git.

So best of luck.