This is a problem of the http whiteboard wrt to session handling. For
each context managed by the whiteboard you get a separate session. These
sessions are managed in the real http session.

Now I assume you invalidate one of the per context managed sessions.
This does not invalidate the real http session as the http whiteboard
implementation does not know whether anything else still wants to use
it. Imagine you have another application running which happens to use
the same http session - and that app is not managed by the whiteboard.

The basic idea is that the real session times out eventually.

I'm not sure what a good way of invalidating the http session in this
case is :(

Regards
Carsten

Rob Walker wrote