Hello Isaac,

I hope this email finds you well.

*Work done*
I produced the initial code for the notification service. I implemented the
email and SMS services for the service. I implemented the event listeners
for customer service. I have written rest-docs for the service's APIs. I am
currently developing the front-end in the fims-web-app

*Challenges/Errors faced*
The service is unable to authenticate using the permitted feign client.
It returns a 404 error when I use the permitted feign client. However,
changing the authentication to use the permitted feign client for
authentication is the recommended approach.

*Improvements*
1. Containerize the notification service in fineract-cn-containers
<https://github.com/openMF/fineract-cn-containers>.
2. Implement email and sms listeners for the portfolio and group services.
3. Complete the implementation of the front-end in the fims-web-app and the
new Web app implemented by Pembe to allow re-configuration of the email and
SMS services.
4. Change the authentication to use permitted feign client for
authentication.
5. Add USSD services to the notification service
You can find more improvement considerations here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=75975771

*At your service,*

*Ebenezer Graham*