Hi,

Alex this one is aimed at you. I have been studying what you have done for the whole day today and managed by copying about 1000 various lines of code to my prototype MXML emitter got your Fragment lists to be populated by my traversal.

Now the question is, can you in about 5-6 paragraphs give me a nice detailed approach of yours with what is "needed".

For example, I see;

- The main application mxml file, this looks as though it's getting translated pretty "vanilla".
  - you are renaming with the "dummy" post fix, why?
- in the constructor you are just using the InstanceNode values (I know this is all being done behind the scenes, I get how the directives work now and are processed recursively)

- The MyInitialView is sketchy, is uiDescriptors being created by you or is that property created by the MXMLClassDirective? - Same with he event handlers, I see that is being take care of by the process method.

I really think if you can give me as much information of what "you are doing and need", I could have FalconJx producing the MXML sooner than later. As I said I already have it spinning, just need to know exactly what you need at the moment.

Also, this is where the framework will work out nice since when I need to emit ActionScript for the MXML, I will pass it the current emitter and send it through the ASBlockWalker.

I will also be honest and say, MXML is an ugly duckling compared to surfing the AS AST, so when I say I can get your code working sooner than later, I really mean I can get exactly what you have, to prove we have all the right tools to put effort into the FalconJx version because it will produce everything we need.

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com