> It is important to note that the way we use Jangaroo at CoreMedia, we do

> *not* use JooFlash (the Flash API emulation).
> Instead, we build UIs in ActionScript and EXML (an MXML dialect), using Ext
> JS through a (generated) ActionScript API.
> We call this approach Ext AS:
> https://github.com/CoreMedia/jangaroo-tools/wiki/Ext-AS
> I have just recently successfully experimented with using original MXML
> instead of EXML and will soon post a demo application.
> This means you can build full-scale Ext JS applications in AS3 and MXML!

Hi Frank,

I'm really glad to read about this, if you read the "[ASJS] Integration
with existing JS libraries and components"
you will see that I was actually talking about exactly what you're
describing.
So I'm pretty happy that we actually already have a proven implementation
of my idea, haha.

> So actually our solutions are all quite similar in that they do not use the
> standard Flex component implementation code (Erik uses only the API) nor
> the Flash API.
> My Vision is that Apache Flex can be used to fully compile AS3 + MXML to
> JavaScript and allows using the component library of your choice (Flex-API
> re-implemented, completely new one, or and Ext JS or other JS UI library
> bridge). After all, Flex has a tradition of changing the component library
> ;-)

Haha, these were EXACTLY my thoughts too :)

> What I like about Ext JS is that this is not a newly invented component
> framework, but you can find lots of information and experience about Ext JS
> on the web. It already has a declarative notation, namely a JSON format,
> that can straight-forwardly be transformed to/from MXML.

Plus. Sencha/ExtJS is the most popular framework for enterprise JS apps out
there
at the moment. So if Apache Flex offers great support and integration with
it we'll
probably earn a lot of fans right out the door.

cheers,

Roland