Hi all,

I've been following with great interest the possibility of compiling Flex to JS.

After flash armageddon, i started looking into HTML as an option for building RIAs but decided there were two problems:

1) JS isnt exactly OOP friendly and there's a lack of suitable tooling, which makes building and maintaining a complex application tricky.

2) JS performance varies widely across browsers and even for best performers, its not that snappy.

Well, compiling AS3 to JS solves #1 but what about #2?

Consider the hypothetical scenario where there are enough resources to get a fully working, polished compiler finished by next week... ;)

How would AS3 and JS versions of a typical app perform? If the AS3 version is running 100% at 30fps, could the JS version keep up? Or do you expect the JS version to out-perform?

I guess its too early to answer these questions with any degree of certainty, but what are the expectations?