Something isn't clear to me.

Are you proposing that the AS3 code for Flex contains 3 groups of
components?  (mx or it's equivilent, spark, and goog)
Or are you proposing that there are 2 groups of AS3 components, mx and
spark, and one set of JS components (goog) which have different levels
of compatibility with the first 2 groups?

brought to you by the letters A, V, and I
and the number 47