There is already precedence for mapping existing components to a new
namespace.  Some spark components are just MX components also referenced
from the spark manifest (SWFLoader, ArrayCollection).

So yes, while I still have reservations about your approach and wish I could
convince you to join me on my re-write, I think you are making a good
proposal for helping folks know the boundaries on what components you are
supporting.

-Alex

On 1/30/13 12:05 AM, "Erik de Bruin" <e...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

> I'm proposing to use what the SDK has to offer, mx and spark, and add
> a thin wrapper class around each of those: goog. However, the goog
> components don't add any functionality, they only provide support for
> the JS workflow. From a developer point of view they'll look and act
> just like their mx and spark counterparts.
>
> EdB
>

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 6:08 AM, Avi Kessner <akess...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Something isn't clear to me.
>>
>> Are you proposing that the AS3 code for Flex contains 3 groups of
>> components?  (mx or it's equivilent, spark, and goog)
>> Or are you proposing that there are 2 groups of AS3 components, mx and
>> spark, and one set of JS components (goog) which have different levels
>> of compatibility with the first 2 groups?
>>
>> brought to you by the letters A, V, and I
>> and the number 47
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> One of the goals behind the vanilla SDK is to create a JS compatible
>>> framework that closely resembles the Flex SDK. The idea is that the
>>> coding and workflow in the AS IDE (likely Flash Builder) closely
>>> matches working with Flex as we know it. This way ASJS has no learning
>>> curve at all: it's just another release build option. JS output that
>>> "just works" :-)
>>>
>>> In order to do accomplish this, I'm working on integrating the
>>> VanillaSDK into the SDK proper. Don't worry, it's all happening in my
>>> whiteboard for now.
>>>
>>> But I'd like your feedback on some of my ideas, while the
>>> implementation is still in it's early stages:
>>>
>>> 1) create a new namespace in the SDK: http://flex.apache.org/js/goog
>>> 2) add only the components to this namespace that are compatible with JS
>>> output

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team