Erik,

We had to add the TM to the logo, because it actually is a trademarked logo
(Apache Licensing asked us to add this).  Additionally, we have to make
sure we use the Apache Flex (R) mark on any significant use of the brand.
 That is no different than when it was at Adobe, but we were pretty lax on
doing it right during incubation.

-Nick