Just about every new feature is gated by SWF version.  Some legacy code may
have been relying on the lack of debug information in the
Error.getStackTrace() in a release build.  In fact, I haven't tried it, but
it could break my hacks described here:
http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui/2007/10/debugging_tricks.html

--
Alex Harui