At this point, it only supports the legacy compiler (that was the only one
available to Adobe when Flash Builder was being developed.  In fact, the
legacy mxml compiler is still the only production one we have available.

Adobe has not committed to using the new compiler in future releases of
Flash Builder.  They haven't committed to supporting anything past 4.6.0,
but based on the trends they are making for this latest release I'm sure
support will be there when we have it ready.

-Nick