Actually, I see that FB currently supports:
- the legacy MXMLC/COMPC (using Adobe Flex SDKs up to 4.6, and Apache Flex
SDKs thanks to the installer)
- the bundled ASC 2.0 for pure ActionScript projects (but it seems
"hardcoded" in FB)

As legacy MXMLC/COMPC in Apache Flex are put in "maintenance mode" and
efforts are focused in advancing Falcon adding full MXML support, I
thinking about how can we benefit from the new Falcon architecture in an
IDE (shared AST for code assist and actual compilation, improved error
detection while typing, faster build when changing a class from a library
project used by another project, etc).

Just thinking that, if these points are still considered among Falcon
goals, and if FB will never properly adopt Falcon, at some point we may
want to start preparing docs and info about Falcon hooks and APIs to build
this fantastic and shiny new Falcon-enabled IDE :)