Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:08 AM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: non English OS users here on the list?

Hi,

var g11nWorkingInstance:Collator = new flash.globalization.Collator("en", CollatorMode.SORTING);

Probably doesn't help but "en" doesn't work on OSX but "en_US" as a locale does.

"en" works for me in Firefox on Mac OS X. But nevertheless it doesn't matter what locale string is used when I run this function. I even can run

var g11nWorkingInstance:Collator = new flash.globalization.Collator("aaaaahhhhh", CollatorMode.SORTING);

And when I run this, the g11nWorkingInstance variable will be created in Firefox without any issues. And the variable has the following values

g11nWorkingInstance.actualLocaleIDName = "de_DE"
g11nWorkingInstance.lastOperationStatus = "usingDefaultWarning"

But no RTE. It doesn't matter which locale is used when I run this in chrome. It will crash every time.

Thanks

Marcus