> Hi,
>
>> var g11nWorkingInstance:Collator = new
>> flash.globalization.Collator(getStyle("locale"), CollatorMode.SORTING);
>
> My guess is that getStyle("locale") is returning something unexpected (null
> perhaps),

When I debug in Firefox the locale is "en". So when I even try

var g11nWorkingInstance:Collator = new flash.globalization.Collator("en",
CollatorMode.SORTING);

my example will crash in Chrome (but works in Firefox).

> we can probably work around this bug in the SDK.

In my opinion this is not an SDK error. It seems that there is an error in the
flash.globalization.Collator function.

> By the way, shouldn't it be this
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33365 ?
>
> -Fred

Yes, it seems exactly the same issue. And
flash.globalization.Collator.getAvailableLocaleIDNames() returns Vector of
length 0 on Chrome/Mac OSX and Chrome/Win8.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Marcus