On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>wrote:

> On 3/14/2013 4:17 PM, Alex Harui wrote:

>>> capability of skinning with just bitmaps.
>>>
>> I guess I don't understand what you mean.  I've haven't seen too many FXG
>> files, but what percentage are bitmap only?  I don't think I've seen that.
>>

>  In my opinion; using "Bitmaps" in an FXG defeats the purpose of using a
> vector format in the first place.  Every FXG I've looked at inside the Flex
> Framework does not use Bitmaps; but I've only looked at a handful.

It is a common misconception that FXG is a vector-only format.  FXG
supports BitmapImage and a bitmap fill for any shape or path.  In any case,
most tools rasterize blends while serializing to FXG.  I believe blends are
a particularly hard to faithfully serialize to FXG (or SVG)

Anyways, the point I was trying to is that FXG is a super-set of vector
based flash skinning and traditional raster-based HTML skinning.  Inline
SVG with HTML5 is an option that is getting popular (give the overwhelming
cross-browser support) and we must definitely take advantage of this.

Thanks,
Om