I wrote one of those.  I wrote SVG -> AS3 graphics.  And extending that
class, I wrote FXG -> AS3 graphics.

It wasn't a complete implementation of the SVG or FXG standards.  It didn't
handle text, and complex gradients weren't perfect.  The FXG class was
based on Adobe's first FXG definition.  But it worked pretty well.

This was one of the features of the applications I offered to donate.

Actually, if you go back to build r53 of extendedMadness.  SVG was in
there.  I took it out, because I didn't think too may people would be
interested - and to reduce the bloat.  (I didn't want my Framework getting
like Flex - did I),

http://code.google.com/p/mad-components/source/detail?r=53#

See example here:
http://code.google.com/p/mad-components/source/browse/trunk/MadComponentStuff/src/MadComponentsDesktop.as?spec=svn53&r=53

FXG isn't too different from SVG.

... I've mentioned this before, but I'd like to relinquish control a little
over maintaining MadComponents, ExtendedMadness, and MC3D.  I've offered
before to donate them to this Apache group.

Bear in mind that people aren't using Flex to build mobile apps.  They're
using MadComponents (General Purpose / Enterprise) or Feathers (Game UI).
In fact, I've had clients engage my freelance services because they tried
to build a mobile app using bloated Flex - and regretted it.

http://madskool.wordpress.com/2012/01/23/why-developers-are-using-madcomponents/

Is there any interest in this group in MadComponents?