Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 6:40 PM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Git/Wiki] please review the proposed workflow and comment

Hi Fred,

I looked at your good/bad wiki page.  Thanks for taking the time to add
pictures.  For me, instead of labeling things good and bad, it might be
better to have an explanation or picture of the longer-term ramifications of
each sequence and why one sequence is recommended.

For example, I get that in the first scenario history gets flattened, but
why does it really matter?  And why, later, when you merge your branch, do
you not want it flattened?  Why will we all be glad some day that the
history is flattened in certain cases but not others?

Also, in the first scenario, it might be important to explain that you
pushed your README change before Justin tried to push.  You might need a
two-column "timeline" to show what commands happened when.