Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 1:35 AM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] How do we want to handle Whiteboard?

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>wrote:

Hi,

Think we may be missing the point here there's nothing to stop a committer
from using github for their own experiments now, but if that code is
eventually donated into the Flex project it would need to:

1) Any contributors who have a made a large contribution have signed a
ICLA and agree to this code being donated. Just having an ICLA signed may
not be enough as it may not been clear that the intent was to move the code
to Apache Flex. So in git hub are all contributors easily identified and
contactable?

Notifying the contributer when they send a "pull request" to a committer's
whiteboard project should serve exactly this purpose.

2) Development should be in the open and all current committers notified
of progress. At the very least discussion about the code need to take place
on the development list (and not elsewhere ie in github) and all
changes/diffs to the code need to mailed to commit mailing list.

We will experiment with the organization settings to see if all this is
doable.

Thanks,
Om

Having the whiteboards in git hub would be no different.