The "self = this" needs to be more clever, you are correct. At one
point in my race to understand all things ASJS it was probably
convenient to add this to each function body and use "self" instead of
"this". JS does require a lot more "this" than AS, so adding one
reference or another didn't seem like a big deal, especially since
"self" is more certain. Then again, since using 'goog.bind' for "this"
references in nested functions is a good idea, it is certainly worth
another look. Added to my list :-)

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software