On 4/16/13 11:17 AM, "Harbs" <harbs.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There's one other issue with my code:
>
> All the code is mine with the partial exception of NativeComboBox.
>
> NativeComboBox was the result of a discussion between Bob Stucky (a friend and
> Adobe employee) and me. I observed that there were extensions created by Adobe
> that had dropdowns that extended beyond the bounds of the panels, and wondered
> how to accomplish that. Bob realized that NativeMenu could be used and wrote
> an implementation. I have since greatly modified his original
> implementation, but the original implementation was his. Do we need his
> permission recorded here?

If you have doubts after reading this, then we should contact Apache Legal
as only they can give the official ruling.

But I think as long as you give attribution in the NOTICE file and include
the CC_NC_SA license and the Adobe modifications in the LICENSE file (see
[1]), you do not need explicit permission.  Apache Legal has ok'd CC_SA
licensed works but they did not explicitly ok the NC license (see [2]).  I
thought the NC part was a deal-breaker [3], but then Adobe overrides that in
their modifications [4].

Here are some links for your reading pleasure:
[1]
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-lice
nse
[2] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html