On 4/26/13 12:37 PM, "Erik de Bruin" <e...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

> Quick reply on the stats: while on a downward trend, IE6 + 7 + 8 is > 33%.
> A cool third of all browsers. Given their generally conservative attitude
> towards upgrading software, my educated guess would be that this percentage
> is (much) higher in the enterprise.
Agreed.  I'm just thinking about mobile apps.  Should they really have to
carry IE8 code around? Not just for events, but for anything else we run
into as well?

> I have no idea how to add 'goog.events' as a polyfil, as it is compiled
> into the code on publishing, long before we know which browser we're
> addressing.

It looked like we could use --externs so the polyfill doesn't get baked in
and then pull it in from the html after a browser check.  But I haven't
tried it and I might be misunderstanding the doc.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team