On Jun 2, 2013 11:01 PM, "Alex Harui" <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:

> >I have an Azure VM sitting idle.  Theoretically, we could add it as a
> >second slave and divvy up the Mustella run into two halves.  We should be
> >able to have a single run in half the time.
> >
> >The more slaves we can add, the faster the run would get.
> >
> >Do you want me to give this idea a shot?
>
> You may want to wait until we get mustella running clean on Erik's Azure
> VM.
>
> In the meantime, we can discuss details.  I think the simplest
> implementation is to add to each script some way to hide a bunch of
> folders and un-hide them after.  I'm pretty sure mustella -all simply runs
> down the set of folders it finds in mustella/tests.  There are other ways
> to subset, but I think that happens after compilation, so hiding folders
> is probably better.

I was thinking more on the lines of creating shell scripts with explicit
mustella calls with individual test directories as params.

Or run a script on the master that walks through the tests directory and
divvies them passes them to the slaves.

This way is a bit more cleaner IMHO.

> I don't think it is worth trying to implement some sort of email/failure
> consolidation subsystem. If we get 20 Vms running and you get 20 failure
> emails if you bust UIComponent, too bad ;-)

You don't?  Although, I am hoping that Jenkins has some functionality like
this.

Thanks,
Om