Good input.

If I understand your scenario (and maybe you or someone can post a small
but real-world scenario), it supports my thinking that, instead of more
ways to use State, that the currentState property should just be thought
of as another organizing property, and the conditional setting of values
should be somehow determined by any property on a component, not just
currentState.  Then if you had an orientation property or maybe
"isLandscape" then you would create conditional expressions to determine
what to do.

-Alex