HI,

> Well, I'm not sure it is only an issue with the test.

From a quick look it the setStyle that's not causing everything to refresh. The
extra validateNow fixed that but was also called when scrolling, editing etc
etc slowing the ADG down.

Then perhaps a simple solution would to be this?  ie add layoutDirection to the
styleChanged method.

    override public function styleChanged(styleProp:String):void
    {
        super.styleChanged(styleProp);

        if (styleProp == "sortFontFamily"
            || styleProp == "sortFontSize"
            || styleProp == "sortFontStyle"
            || styleProp == "sortFontWeight"
            || styleProp == "layoutDirection")
        {
            itemsSizeChanged = true;
            rendererChanged = true;
            invalidateProperties();
            invalidateDisplayList();
        }
    }

Probably "direction" should also be in there.