On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 4:43 PM, OmPrakash Muppirala
<bigosma...@gmail.com>wrote:

> So, when folks are saying that Flex does not perform well on mobile, can
> you please post some examples, etc so we can try to figure out what the
> real problems?  As opposed to sweeping statements like Flex mobile sucks,
> etc.

Just as a quick note. I've spent quite a bit of time over the last 2 years
talking to teams that have had issues with their Flex Mobile apps and they
all blame Flex for some really bad framerates and they "know their code is
correct".

The biggest issue I've found is item renderers. Wouldn't you know when I
switch out their item renderers things seem to move very smoothly and
almost all their complaints go away. Yes there is still that half-second
lag for the new View to come in but other than that all the performance
issues are gone.

Jonathan Campos