Hi Alex,

IDisplayText interface does not have anything else other than the following
declarations,

function get text():String;
function set text(value:String):void;
function get isTruncated():Boolean;

except TextInput and TextArea other text based components like Label,
RichText, RichEditableText have the definitions for declarations found in
the IDisplayText interface. And in depth TextInput and TextArea uses the
"IEditableText" interface as its skinpart, which in tern extends the
"IDisplayText". So it is not a big deal to add "isTruncated()" definition
in these two components.

--
*
Regards,