On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >> 3) Any reason not allowing to to download to a non empty folder? I did
> get
> was
>
> Should be possible, if you are on OSX there are scripts in the ide
> directory that can do this for you. Please raise a JIRA issue for this.
>
> When a new AIR/FP version comes out it would be better if you could just
> update an existing SDK rather than end up with dozen of SDKs
>
> > I prefer it this way as well.  The swf-version would be different for
> > different combinations of runtimes.
> Can be different, it's possible  be on 11.8 FP but be on any version of
> AIR (not sure why you woudl do this but it possible). The currently
> installer takes this into account when selected FP/AIR versions.

 From my testing, it seems like the air-config.xml needs to have a
swf-version that matches that of flex-config.xml.  If it doesnt match, you
will see an Error 305 [1]:

 305

Initial window content SWF version exceeds namespace version

The SWF version of the file referenced in the <content> element of the
application descriptor is not supported by the version of AIR specified in
the descriptor namespace. For example, attempting to package a SWF10 (Flash
Player 10) file as the initial content of an AIR 1.1 application will
generate this error.

[1]
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WSBE9908A0-8E3A-4329-8ABD-12F2A19AB5E9.html