Scott,

> •       What business problems can a business manager solve with v 4.10 that
> weren't possible to solve with v 4.9.1?

Remain up to date; not particularly a feature of THIS release, sure,
but certainly a feature of any release and worth mentioning.

Also, the testing of the platform has improved considerably, making
this a much more stable, much more thoroughly vetted release.

> •       Are you able to point to a company who needs the features & fixes
> that v 4.10 provides?

Mine, for sure. With the new components we'll be able to offer our
clients a much richer UI experience, improving the effectiveness of
our applications.

> •       Do any of the new enhancements in v 4.10 enable Flex SDK users to do
> something more easily or quickly for SDK users than those who choose other
> frameworks to develop custom software?

As always, we're able to deliver to so many platforms from a single
codebase that it simply blows any other framework out of the water.

> •       It might also be helpful if anyone knows general demographic
> information about the Apache Flex Developer ecosystem. How many people remain
> active (commenting / contributing) on this Apache Flex Dev mailing list? What
> countries have at least one developer who contributed to a bug fix or code
> enhancement to this v 4.10? Anyone have an idea of how to estimate the number
> of worldwide Flex SDK users continue using Flex to build powerful enterprise
> applications?

We have dozens of active contributors. We have committers in the US,
Australia, the Netherlands, Germany, France, to name but a few. From
the stats:

http://www.seethestats.com/site/flex.apache.org

it is obvious that there is still a lot of interest in and usage of
the SDK, from all over the world.

Thanks,

EdB

--