> Scott,
> I can post this to blogs. apache.org.  Are we still going to wait for the
> installer to be finished, or do you want me to post it right now?
> -Nick
First, here is the shared document. Please let me know if you are not able to
see it and edit it:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bG5EDWbCYhujhu_oYl7f2eFaxmxfSTNTNa4o8W_DQQM/edit?usp=sharing

I agree with Om, Alex, Justin, and Erik. The team must make a decision
regarding this discussion thread: "Attention: another possible show stopper,
please verify" before promotion should be started.
Second, I agree with Justin. Until the code + binaries + new installer version
are in release & something about mirrors?, then the promotion is on hold.

Thank you Nick for the offer to post this content. As soon as these 2 issues
are resolved, we can being promotion. I rather liked Erik's suggestion that the
release manager should make the go / no go decision.