I think design view is a nice feature for the starting developers. For those
who know what there doing design view is not needed.
A design view would be a nice step 1 and for those hello worlds, but really
learning all the code is much better and efficient.

Before FB 4.7 was released I used the design view in 4.6 quite a lot, I did
some things in code. When 4.7 released I switched and I haven't used design
view in ages.
Also the learning process increased after then.

Regards,

SWEN VAN ZANTEN
Hoofdstraat 160
2171 BL, Sassenheim