That's a bit harsh.  I used design view all the time to do basic layout
before I did any coding.  You could quickly prototype your app and get
things laid out correctly before you hooked it up and "broke design view."
 Nothing frustrated me more than having to recompile my app every time I
have to make a pixel adjustment,,, Getting it right first was key.

-Nick