On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 5:40 PM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:

> Maybe I'm not understanding what Peter wrote, but I think he also said
> that it worked once the main app matched the project name.  IOW, if you
> create a FlexProject called OmTest, then when you copy the code from
> DataBindingTest.mxml, you should copy that into your OmTest.mxml.  You
> should have to fix up the MyController.as and a few other places that
> assume the name of the app.  Then MXMLC should compile that when you save
> everything.  But then you click on OmTest.mxml in the Package Explorer and
> run the external tool and it should replace the SWF in the bin-debug.  And
> then when you choose Debug As,

So far so good.  This is exactly what I am doing...

> it shouldn't run MXMLC again, it should
> just launch the SWF.

But, it looks like mxmlc is overwriting the swf just before launching.

> I wonder if there is a file date problem fooling MXMLC into running again.

Probably.  How would I test that?

In any case, I am good for now.  I am unblocked and have been able to make
progress in what I have been trying to do.  I dont want to waste your time
anymore, especially since you have plans of making the workflow better.
Let me know how I can help.

Thanks,
Om