> it's the kind of information that should be publicized a bit more

Yes, I guess so, especially because it exposes AIR maven modules for locales,
themes, UI lib, SWF Host project and AIR itself indeed (plus it makes usage of
SQLite and NativeProcess).

I don't know where it could be more public than on github though :P

Yep and thanks @Chris for that.

> Also I don't like very much the idea of overriding a specific dependency
> while ignoring others that will end up using a different version of the
> framework

Doing so, it is easy to switch AIR version even though you downloaded the Flex
SDK with a specific AIR version, for example, this Flex SDK was downloaded and
mavenized based on AIR 3.8 but I can use 3.4:

    <properties>
        <flexmojos.version>6.0.1</flexmojos.version>
        <flex.version>4.10.0.20130801</flex.version>
        <flex.debug>true</flex.debug>
        <flex.skip.test>false</flex.skip.test>
        <air.version>3.4</air.version>
    </properties>

            <plugin>
                <groupId>net.flexmojos.oss</groupId>
                <artifactId>flexmojos-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>${flexmojos.version}</version>
                <extensions>true</extensions>
                <configuration>
                    <storepass/>
                </configuration>
                <dependencies>
                    <dependency>
                        <groupId>com.adobe.flex</groupId>
                        <artifactId>compiler</artifactId>
                        <version>${flex.version}</version>
                        <type>pom</type>
                    </dependency>
                    <dependency>
                        <groupId>com.adobe.air.compiler</groupId>
                        <artifactId>adt</artifactId>
                        <version>${air.version}</version>
                        <type>jar</type>
                    </dependency>
                </dependencies>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>

    <dependencies>
        <!-- Air SDK dependencies -->
        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.adobe.flex.framework.air</groupId>
            <artifactId>air-framework</artifactId>
            <version>${flex.version}</version>
            <type>pom</type>
            <exclusions>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>com.adobe.air.framework</groupId>
                    <artifactId>common-framework</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
            </exclusions>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>