Hi,

> we use mx:DG, and have tried on flex 4.10
There have been some performance enhancements since then. There was an issue
with calculating length via temporary arrays, than would then be CGed (and
cause a slow down in DG with a large number of columns), this fix would
probably help you.

> in a single threaded rendering, it is taking too much time to render cell by
> cell sequentially...
It shouldn't be rendering cells offscreen so performance shouldn't degrade too
much with a large number of offscreen extra row and columns. I think you may
have another issue that is causing the slow performance. Can you give Scout a
try and report back exactly where the bottle necks are, then we might be able
to do something to help improve performance.

> I have already filed a feature request to Adobe Flash Player team to support
> multi-threaded datagrid.
Great. Once they release a Flash Player with this implemented, I'm sure someone
will take a look and see how the SDK can take advantage of it.