Hi Jack,

I'm not convinced this can be easily generalized into a framework feature.
 First, IIRC, the player does not allow workers to modify display objects.
 The workers could compute some information the display objects might
need, but the overhead of data transfer between the workers and the main
rendering thread is likely to overwhelm the advantage of the worker
threads in most cases.

Fundamentally, the DG rendering resolves to manipulating an m-by-n grid of
components/renderers based on a data set.  You don't need to modify DG
code to show us it can work, you can simply take a bunch of components,
tie their values to some data and put them in a Vgroup and show us what
computation can be moved to workers that would speed up rendering of that
set of components.

-Alex