One thought is that we might store both the 'name' and the 'qName' in
the class metadata (where currently only the interfaces - if any -
live) and adopt the 'getValue' routines to search that instead of the
entire namespace chain. This would get rid of the need for the dreaded
'__proto__'  as well...

Thoughts?

EdB

--