And here I was thinking that suggestions would come in the form of what people
would like to see on the actual site, not whether the site could actually exist.

Flex has a history and a community before Apache ever got involved. And part of
that community was the old flexexamples.com website: it was not owned directly
by Adobe, it is owned by Peter Dehaan, who happened to work for Adobe: he still
retains the ownership of the site and its content AFAIK. The intent is for
apacheflexexamples.com to be continuance of that same tradition: a one-stop
micro-tutorial site where beginners can go to see Flex in action.

It isn't there to be an end-all-be-all site of Flex tutorials. It won't claim to
be directly affiliated with the Apache Foundation: in fact I plan to have a
trademark disclaimer at the top of every page just to keep the suits happy. It
will include a "blogroll" of links in the margin to link users to the actual
apache site resources. And if the time comes for me to discontinue my
involvement of the site I will happily donate it to Apache Flex.

It is a "fan site", and will constitutes fair use in my opinion, end of story. I
am not doing this to sell anything, or to "confuse" the authorship of Apache
"properties", I am doing this for the community of beginner Flex developers, and
to help increase adoption of Apache Flex.

Alex, I am in awe of your contributions to Flex and I really respect your stance
on correctness of use. But I feel that all of this debating about
appropriateness of trademark use is a little moot until it's actually ready to
launch. I'll release a private beta when the time comes, and all three of us --
me, the apache suits and the flex team -- can revisit the whole issue at that
time.

Until then I think this is all much ado about nothing.

Joseph Balderson, Flex & Flash Platform Developer :: http://joeflash.ca
Author, Professional Flex 3 :: http://tinyurl.com/proflex3book