Also, what was in the log?

From: Alex Harui [aha...@adobe.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2014 9:59 PM
To: dev@flex.apache.org; Jose Barragan
Cc: piotr.zarzycki
Subject: RE: [DISCUSS] Discuss Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.0 - RC1

No, it can't be that.  You must be able to do so otherwise the list of versions
to install wouldn't be there.

The next thing it tries to do is load en_US strings.  It should be hitting:
http://flex.apache.org/installer/properties/en_US.properties

Is that link working for you?  Also, what languages are in the drop down?  If
there was a problem populating that, then the language lookup for the strings
would fail.