I just looked at the doc this morning, and much to my surprise, the
TextField's "change" event bubbles.  That doesn't make sense to me, but
that's probably the problem.  So, you'll have to listen and
stopImmediatePropagation on that change event then things should work.

Please try that. If that still doesn't work then I'll get your code and
debug it.