> about the flex-config.xml having the wrong player/swf versions is actually a
> problem in the SDK's installer.xml so it will require installing a nightly or
> an SDK RC3 someday to see that it works

I have installed Flex SDK 4.12 RC3 using latest installer 3.0.0 from :
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flex/installer/3.0/rc2/binaries/

flex-config, air-config and airmobile-config.xml are all incorrect (contains
tokens, instead of actual values).

Eg. in air-config.xml:
external-library-path>
<path-element>{airHome}/frameworks/libs/air/airglobal.swc</path-element>
</external-library-path>

So is it an issue from the SDK ?

Maurice