MIME is something specific to email (MIME stands for Multipurpose Internet
Mail Extensions), and is not used in Web Services.  It is pretty rare to
upload files directly to web services -- usually most services require to
you POST them somewhere so that the web server (rather than the application
server) can handle the processing of the bits.  You can upload a file to a
ws by encoding the file as a string (most people would use base-64
encoding), and then sending it as a parameter -- but watch out because the
default field length is well under 10MB for anything not as a filepart in a
formpost.

-Nick