On 5/3/14 5:41 AM, "Nicholas Kwiatkowski" <nicho...@spoon.as> wrote:

>My only worry about putting the XML file on DIST is that it does break the
>realm of trust (some nefarious mirror could modify this file to download a
>modified version of the SDK).
Good point.  And I think I have to go back to a.o to get the mirror.cgi to
find the mirror.  What about using a CDN?

>I'm assuming that we hard-coded the CRC
>checks to go back to apache.org to validate the downloads, which still
>means there could be errors.
AFAICT, the Installer goes back to a.o for the checksum.

>As far as permission goes, there is a Windows API to escalate the
>privilege
>of the running program to Admin.  We could do a write test to the
>directory
>chosen (just touch a file and delete it) right as the user selects it, and
>if it fails, we could call that API.  It would require an ANE, but I think
>I have one already that does that, if people want me to bring it in.
Sounds interesting, but is that really "ok"?  Do other installers do that?

>-Nick
>

>On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 3:38 AM, Justin Mclean
><jus...@classsoftware.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> > For me, I don't have to do anything special on Windows to run the
>> > installer, probably because I have admin rights.
>> I assume we can read the permissions on the directory chosen and warn
>>the
>> user if it's not writable and ask them to select another?
I don't see an AIR API for this, but I could have missed it.