On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 4:33 AM, Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > 1.  There are two README files, one here [1] and one under the 'main'
> > directory after unzipping the src/binary kit.  We should merge those two,
> > to avoid confusion.
> Can do.

Thanks!

> > 2.  LICENSE file is incomplete (there is a TODO section in there)
> Git issue and it's been fixed, there's no additional licences. As far as I
> can see there's no need to anything additional that need to be added to
> LICENSE. Anyone think otherwise?

I am wondering how Hunspell is integrated here?  Was it a port from C++ to
AS3?  The C++ library seems to be an GPL/LGPL/MPL tri-license [1] (whatever
that means)   Does it matter in terms of what goes in the NOTICE or LICENSE
files?

> > 3.  I still see the 'Adobe' name in package names, ex.
> > SpellingUI/src/com/adobe ...
> We've not changed adobe package names in the past - are you saying we
> should now? Note that this would break existing user applications.

You are right.  No need to change the package names.  We definitely don't
want to break existing code.    But, what exactly did you change then?

> > I thought this was fixed?  Was the RC made before this fix?
> Most of the directory names were fixed before the RC, a few files and
> directory were missed and have not been renamed.
>
> > 4.  The genTextWordlist.sh script under main/Data does not work.
> I'll take a look but may be a donation issue.

Not a blocker, IMO.  Perhaps we should add a note in the RELEASE_NOTES that
this does not work yet?

> > 5.  The apps under main/Demo/ does not seem to work
> In what way? How did you try and compile them? Example apps may need some
> modifications re config files and more likely  missing dictionaries - which
> were removed form the donation. Should we try and fix them or remove from
> the release?

I imported them into a Flash Builder project.  First there was an error
about the app descriptor; looks like it is a really old version of AIR.
After fixing that, there was a runtime error about  a missing
'AdobeSpellingConfig.xml'.  I copied it from another project into my
bin-debug directory.  Now it is throwing a generic error without much
details:

"Error #2044: Unhandled ioError:. text=Error #2032: Stream Error. URL:
app:/"

We should either remove the Demo directory from the release or at least,
make a note in RELEASE_NOTES that they dont work yet.

Thanks,
Om

[1] http://hunspell.sourceforge.net/